When the sun is shining and temperatures are warm, there’s no better place to be than outside in your own little paradise. With patio season fast approaching, we’re preparing ourselves for afternoons spent basking in the sun, and evenings spent barbecuing with a beer in hand. But to make our outdoor area a truly enjoyable and welcoming place, a good quality patio furniture set is essential. Here’s our advice on choosing outdoor furniture that’s both functional and stylish!
CHOOSING THE BEST WOOD FOR YOUR OUTDOOR FURNITURE
Wooden furniture blends in effortlessly with the nature of your garden. It simply looks like it belongs there. But, it’s important to choose a wood that is well suited for outdoor conditions. Woods that are less porous are much more durable. Our favorite wood for outdoor furniture has got to be ipe, also known as Brazilian walnut. Hailing from South America, ipe is a dense wood that’s no stranger to harsh conditions. You can rest assured that these ipe wood patio sets from Jensen Leisure Furniture won’t be lost to weather damage or erosion:
- For those who love to sip their coffee, sweet tea, or other refreshing beverages on the porch, the Ruby Rocker Group is a fabulous collection of rocking chairs.
- The Lincoln Backless Bench is a super versatile piece that can really be placed anywhere in the garden. Pair it with a picnic table for your new favorite snack spot!
- If you’re into entertaining guests with luxury outdoor dining, you might be looking for something a little more sophisticated. Laugh the night away under the stars with the Integra Dining Set or Amber Beechworth Dining Group.
WICKER OUTDOOR FURNITURE: NATURAL VS VINYL
A classic outdoor furniture material, wicker-style objects have held their popularity for decades. They have a gorgeous country-style, rustic look that’s perfect for the patio. Wicker is the technique
of weaving natural fibers or vinyl to create lightweight furniture. For an option from natural wicker furniture, consider going with a vinyl weave instead.
One thing wicker is
famous for is being particularly comfortable. Selecting stylish outdoor Sunbrella
fabrics is an option! They allow you to play with different colors and patterns while dressing up the neutral shades of the wicker furniture.
Do you know that Sunbrella
is one of the top premium fabrics in the world that is used for outdoor furniture and shading? Made from 100 percent solution-dyed acrylic it is highly resistant to stains, water, mild dew, fading and UV. We care for you and that is our outdoor furniture and umbrellas come with Sunbrella fabric.
OUR FAVORITE WICKER OUTDOOR PATIO SETS
- Crafted by exclusive SunLoom Vinyl the Grand Traverse by Lloyd Flanders is crafted for lasting durability and comfort. An embodiment of traditional, the collection can provide versatility to your lifestyle and changing seasons.
- Haven Deep Seating by Lloyd Flanders large open weaving, wide arms and high backed support. Just like its name suggests, sitting on these seats will help you slip into moments of solitude from life’s worries.
- The Newport Swivel Chair Set by Winston provides contemporary-style furniture that’s both attractive and comfortable. The chocolate brown set of four rotating chairs is so stylish, it’s hard to believe it’s meant for outdoors!
- Another sophisticated option, the Cornwall Deep Seating by Alfresco Home caters to those who prefer a lighter, beige color. The pale cushions and wicker bring a beachy feel to your backyard. Made with aluminum frame with eucalyptus wood legs, the wicker is coated with a varnish to make it suitable for outdoor use.
- For those who like to entertain, the Canaveral collection by Woodard is perfect for summer pool parties! This curved, armless sofa, straight loveseat and lounge chairs is ultra modern and extra classy. Don’t worry about eating and drinking around this set, the synthetic material is super easy to clean!
CAST ALUMINUM AND WROUGHT IRON OUTDOOR FURNITURE FOR THE PATIO AND GARDEN
For something a little more classy and stylish, Cast aluminum and wrought iron outdoor furniture can be a lovely addition to your garden. The elegant swirls and designs of cast aluminum and wrought iron furniture paired with the lush foliage and stunning blooms of your garden create a romantic atmosphere. Gorgeous cast aluminum and wrought iron outdoor furniture will make you want to pour up a pitcher of sangria and enjoy it out in the sun!
OUR FAVORITE POWDER COATED CAST ALUMINUM AND WROUGHT IRON OUTDOOR PATIO SETS
- One of the most charming garden patio chairs belongs to the Canterbury Wrought Iron set by Woodard. It features simple, yet whimsical armrests with a lovely curled design.
- For some Italian architecture, opt for the Tuscany set by Hanamint. Both the chairs and tables feature delicate and intricate designs that add elegance to your garden. Bring out some bruschetta to your guests and transform your patio into an Italian bistro. For a French twist you should take a look at Bordeaux Dining set by Hanamint.
- One of the most beautiful, durable and lightweight dining sets we have, is also one of the popular sets in our store, The Hanamint Berkshire Dining collection.
- The Mayfair Dining set by Hanamint spots elegant scrolled arms that are cast from durable and lightweight aluminium. You also have the choice of adding accent using a variety of weather resistant fabrics.
- For ultimate comfort and style, opt for the Biltmore Estate Deep Seating by Castelle. The geometric design is modern enough to look nice without being too eccentric. The cushioned seats are extra wide, perfect for curling up with a book on a Sunday afternoon.
Not only does outdoor furniture allow us to comfortably enjoy our gardens, but it also contributes to the overall atmosphere and design of our backyard. With temperatures slowly (but surely) rising, you’ll be itching to get outdoors in no time. Start planning your patio furniture
and decor now for an enjoyable summer in the sun. While you’re at it, check out our new collection of Treasure Garden Umbrellas
so you can protect yourself from the hottest summer days!